Scottsdale, it’s me! I’m here to help you get up-to-date on all things happening in the city.
📣Our readers love to celebrate positive news! Now you can shout out your big announcementThe Scottsdale Daily newsletter’s top page. Celebrate with everyone, no matter what the occasion is: grand opening, new product sale, birthday, anniversary or wedding. Submit your announcement here.
First, today’s weather:
A thunderstorm will be visible at the p.m.
🏡 Are you looking to find more real estate leads in ScottsdaleWe can help you reach potential home buyers and make your listing stand out from the rest. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top 3 stories in Scottsdale right now:
- Scottsdale Fashion Square’s Back-to-School event is happening today, August 13.The event will include many activities, fashion shows and the latest trends. Between 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 pm, there will be an open call for models at Desert Stages. Click for additional information about the event. (citysuntimes)
- IMG has acquired Scottsdale’s Barrett-Jackson auction company.It was purchased by the New York media company IMG for $261.25million. They also bought the majority of its shares. IMG hosts hundreds of events worldwide each year. (ABC15 Arizona in Phoenix)
- Scottsdale Fire Department is seeking volunteers to help it run its operations for next season.A series of special events will be held in the city at the start of 2023. All interested applicants are required to complete an application. Ideal volunteers will be flexible with their work hours. (Daily Independent)
- SCUCC Open Arts StudioScottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place (12:00 PM)
- Tango Workshop Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place (1:00 PM)
- Sweet & Sour Beer Fest The Clayton House (1:00 PM)
- Rock and Roll Car Show in The Pavilions At Talking StickScottsdale Pavilions Shopping Center3:00 PM)
From my notebook
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs and services:
You are all set for today! I hope to see you around.
— Helen Eckhard
Helen Eckhard works as a marketing assistant for Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-confessed logophile, and is currently pursuing a master’s degree. Helen can be found outside of work constructing crossword puzzles, knitting or finding creative ways to kill off characters from her mystery novels.